M I N D S & H E A R T S:
A Psychology Clinic for Asperger’s Syndrome and Autism Spectrum Disorders
A Training Session: Exploring Depression
Wednesday 27th October 2017 – 9:30am – 4:00 pm
Professor Tony Attwood
Prof Tony Attwood is in international authority on Asperger’s Syndrome (ASD) and autism. His text “Asperger’s Syndrome: A Guide for Parents and Professionals” has been translated into twenty-seven languages. His book “The Complete Guide to Asperger’s Syndrome” is recognised as the leading textbook on the subject internationally.
Dr. Michelle Garnett
Dr Michelle Garnett is the Founder and Director of Minds & Hearts, a clinic in Brisbane for children and adults who have an autism spectrum disorder (ASD).ASD has been the focus of her clinical practice and research for over 20 years.
Both Tony and Michelle are clinical psychologists and internationally known presenters, having presented together around Australia and Europe.
Who will benefit:
Parents, Family Members, Health and Educational Professionals who see children and/or adolescents with Asperger’s Syndrome (ASD Level 1 or 2) as part of their practice, including psychologists, paediatric psychiatrists, paediatricians, GPs, teachers, teacher’s assistants, occupational therapists, speech pathologists.
* Strategies to develop communication skills for those who have limited speech
* The learning profile associated with classic autism and strategies to encourage the acquisition of academic and daily living skills
* The effects of social experiences and facilitating social engagement
* The sensory profile of ASD and how to accommodate sensory sensitivity
* The signs of increasing anxiety, anger or despair and how to manage and moderate emotional reactions
COST: Early Bird (before 13th October 2017) $179 per person, Standard $195.00
VENUE: Royal Queensland Yacht Squadron, 578 Royal Esplanade, Manly QLD 4179
REGISTRATION: To register & pay online visit www.mindsandhearts.net OR complete the registration form below OR telephone: (07)
Flyer and registration form: